Effective date: 1st October 2020
To give you a better access and experience using our service, we may collect, disclose, use, process and protect your personal identifiable information or personal data. Our system is owned and operated by Travelaki (“Travelaki“, “us“, “we“, or “our“).
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Sharing and Transferring of Your Personal Data
- Access to or Correction of Your Personal Data
- Removal of Your Personal Data
Information We Collect
- Basic personal information: when you are using our Site, we may request you to make an account in order to proceed your bookings. The Personal Data will be collected during the registering process, but not limited to, your name, Travelaki user identification and login credentials, email address and phone number.
- Specific personal information: we may collect your Personal Data based on your past bookings and activities, for example: details of your hotel bookings (such as hotel name, hotel location and/or length of stay), your travel preferences, details of your airline frequent flyer membership as well as your reviews. We may also collect certain information from you when you are using our Site, such as geographic location, IP address, search preferences as well as other general Internet usage related data.
- Geographic location: upon your consent, we may collect your Personal Data about your actual location to provide you with the offers in the relevant location as provided in our Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address and GPS.
- Log Information: when you are using our Site, we may collect your data which we refer as a “log information”. The log information may still be collected even though you do not make any account in our Site. This log information may include IP address, browser type, operating system, nationality, pages visited location, your mobile carrier, device information and search history as well as other generic internet usage related information. We use the log information to provide our users with the better experience using our Site.
How We Use Your Information
We may also collect, maintain and store your information to offer you the best packages that will be suitable with your preferences. In addition, we may also use your information as collected through the Site for the following purposes:
- Registering your use and/or access of the Site
- Managing, operating, administering and/or access of the Site
- Contacting you on the matters relating to your use and/or access to the Site and managing the queries and/or requests submitted by you through the Site;
- Customizing your experience when using the Site, and improving your customer experience and satisfaction
- Publishing your reviews about our services as well as the listed products on our Site
- Enforcing the provisions in our Terms and Conditions
- Resolving disputes, collecting outstanding payment and troubleshooting and/or; for the purposes otherwise that will be made available to you at the point of collection.
We may also use your Personal Data and other information collected for:
- Digital marketing which includes, however is not limited to social media, display advertisement, Search Engine Optimization (“SEO”), Search Engine Marketing (“SEM”), push notification using open graph techniques and
- Conventional marketing purposes which includes however is not limited to sending you email(s) about new products, special offers, and surveys or other information which we think you may find interesting.
Please note that you may opt out of any marketing materials we may send to you by following the unsubscribe instructions set out in our marketing materials if you choose to opt out of any marketing materials and we will respect your wishes. However, please note that we may target and personalize our marketing communications, purchase recommendations and other contacts that we display on our website and application based on the combined data we have collected about you.
Sharing of Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be shared to other companies, organizations and/or individuals (the “Third Party”) for completing the service we provide to you. We may engage the Third Parties for obtaining their services which include, however are not limited to website hosting, data analysis, marketing, promotions, processing credit card transactions and other relevant services.
Depending on your location, Travelaki and the Third Party may also be transferring your Personal Data overseas.
Please note that Travelaki may disclose your Personal Data pursuant to the following conditions:
This is in connection with any sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or part of our business or company.
For Legal Reasons
Based on our discretion, we may share your Personal Data with the Third Parties if we deem the share of data is necessary to: i) comply with the applicable laws and regulations; ii) enforce our Terms and Conditions; iii) investigate any potential fraud or illegal acts; and/ or iv) protect our brand, our reputation as well as our property.
Access to or Correction of Your Personal Data
Please ensure that your Provided Personal Date is accurate and complete. If you believe that any of your information under our possession contains errors or omissions, please log into your account on the Site and correct the information. In addition, please update your Personal Data through your account in a timely manner, should there be any changes. If you wish to correct an error or omission in any Personal Data under our possession that cannot be corrected via our Site, or to access your Personal Data under our possession or control, or as provided for by applicable laws, please submit your request to our contact details listed below.
Removal of Your Personal Data
You might be able to remove your Personal Data which was collected by us by giving us a reasonable reason. If you wish to remove your data, you should inform us at our contact details listed below.
Upon your request, we will strive to remove your Personal Data in our system. We will also cease to collect, use or disclose your personal data, unless required by law or if we have legitimate business or legal purposes for retaining such data. Note that by requesting us to remove your Personal Data, we may not be able to continue providing you with our services and you agree that we will not be liable to you for any losses or damages arising out of or in relation to such termination of services.